Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ask Uncle Jack

a regular reader called yesterday asking for help finding a handyman.



She also was curious to know where we got all the pictures we publish. It's really simple, since I'm constantly previewing new listings, for sale by owners (knowing the inventory is how I snag great deals for people, and how I study the pricing to be able to give GOOD advice to both buyers and sellers), and stopping the car everytime I see someone outside working on their home.



I never go anywhere without the camera, and one of my goals of this Blog is to DOCUMENT the changes occuring daily in Vintage Vegas. I've been doing it for years, but the pictures just sat in a folder on my computer eating up memory. The idea of the Blog came last February as Ben and Steve and I were creating the whole new VeryVintageVegas marketing plan for our listings.



Now of course, people are calling or emailing me to tell me that this neighbor started painting or that neighbor is adding on, or this neighbor is cleaning up to get ready to sell, or that a tenant is wanting to buy.



So that's where I get the pictures. I just point and click at everything I see. I'm amused at the irony that I'm doing a post about the pictures, and am going to intentionally not post any in this one.

Oh, and by the way, we know lots of good Electricians, plumbers, painters, handymen, roofers, etc etc.

If you know a good one we should know about, send us an email jack@unclejack.com or post it in the comments.

No comments: