Sunday, April 1, 2007

ONE STEP FORWARD and TWO STEPS BACK



We're looking for an original or at least a 4 year old or older photo of this home on Becke Circle (1 street east of 15th and Oakey) before the "sante fe" facade was added. I had a photo of the Sante Fe look, and a current shot was easy. The folks that did the remodel lost it to the bank, and it's for sale now as a total unfinished fixer upper at 549k.






This is what happens when an interesting fun idea goes bad. Interior photos and the white painted exterior were taken yesterday. As far as I can tell, the bank painted out the south west colors, but that just made it worse. If I remember, it was a great vintage vegas home (in the same vein as the magnificent home 2 doors to the north) before the last owners went with the southwest facade.


Here's some interior shots. Just proves the point that you shouldn't bite off more than you can chew, and that mixing themes can be a disaster.


If you know someone REAL talented with lots of money and wants 5700 feet and a pool and for less than 100/sf. have them contact us.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought this was totally out of character for downtown. I hope whoever buys this will turn itinto something more classic again

Anonymous said...

At least 20 something years ago, this was one of the first auctions done by Robert Diero and Assoc. I was there and it went for around $225K. The new owners continued with previously started ad-ons and it has been a disaster ever since. I am a lifelong Las Vegas resident and I hope something can be done with it but it's built almost to the street so I'm afraid it will be a quite a challenge.