Thursday, June 7, 2007

What A great dinner, and my car didn't blow up!

I went to Tony Roma's on Sahara and enjoyed a wonderful dinner. Little did I know I had parked my car right in the vicinity of where Lefty Rosenthal had his car bomb incident. Oct. 4 1982 Lefty started is Cadillac Eldorado at 8:30 pm when the car burst into flames. He was saved by the steel plate under his seat.

I also noticed a hidden second story on the building. When I asked the management, I was told that in the old days, there were "meeting rooms" upstairs . I can only imagine what decisions were made on top of the restaurant. If anybody was there the night of the car bombing or in the area, Please email me bennation@yahoo.com



Tony Roma's grand remodel
Our own Tyrus in the famed parking spot


A 1982 police photo of the car.

No comments: