Monday, July 9, 2007

First Friday Blogging with PACO






About 9:45 Friday, I ran into our own historian and ultimate urbanite Brian Paco Alvarez. Paco lives in "L'octaine" the urban apartment complex on Las Vegas Blvd, which lamentably is the only one of it's kind.




He graciously allowed me to publish a few pix of his living space. Especially of note is the light fixture in the living room.
The apartments are 2 story, his is a 2 bedroom 2 bath. There's underground parking, the restaurant in the lobby, and a quick walk to all of downtown.
We need a dozen or two more developments like this as there's a very long waiting list for openings.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Ok- where did Paco get that light fixture??? That's the coolest thing I've seen this week.

Brian Paco Alvarez said...

That beautiful Sputnik adorning my living room was purchased at the first First Friday 5 years ago at the Funkhouse by my best friend Mike who later gave it to me when he moved Oklahoma.

According to lore the Sputnik came from the high rollers suite at the Maxim Hotel.

Paco