Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The City Of Las Vegas's "Citizen Leadership Academy"

Last night was the meet and greet opening reception. I am very honored to have been accepted into the Academy this year. There's only 25 who were chosen from about 100 applicants.

The Academy is an 8 week course in how government works. We'll get behind the scene tours of City Hall, the jail, the fire department, the sewer plant, the municipal courts, animal shelter, parks and recreation facilities and many more. We alsoWe were also allowed to sign up for extra credit trips, and I'll finally get to do ride alongs with a metro officer, and a code enforcement officer.

Each week, I'll be reporting on who we meet, what we saw and what we learned. One of the cities goals for conducting the academy in the first place is to develop civic leaders who can help spread the knowledge. I'm looking forward to being able to share what I learn with you.

Watch for it every Wednesday.

No comments: